Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Challenge of the Orb

The 5th Weekly Zentangle Challenge was "Orbs".  I was thrilled - I love circles.  I seem to gravitate toward drawing tangles with circles quite frequently.  So, I was up for this one.

Well as usual - the challenge tends to present itself as - a challenge!  This time my challenge was the shading.  I spent time looking at images of circles, spheres, and orbs on the internet to observe the shading of such creatures.  So once again - this is a case of practice makes better!

13 comments:

  1. I love it, and your shading looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I think you got the shading just right

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful shading! love your orbs! nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! The aura around the centre section sets it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your jetties, they are beautiful. Love this tangle. Your shading is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you mastered the shading, love your variations of jetties. The whole tile is so visually connected and flows one tangle into another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is cool. I love the "barrier" between the two different Jetties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I thought of B'jetties after I had finished some tiles. Maybe I'll have to do another!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing!
    Disconcertingly my first thought was: Stairway to Heaven (and I heard the music from Led Zeppelin) I´m now listening to from that linked youtube clip ;-) ).
    Beautiful shading!!!
    Thank you very much for this experience.

    ReplyDelete