Saturday, May 7, 2011

Challenge #20 - "Royal Wedding" - "Tudor Rose"

I had to squeeze in time to watch bits of the Royal Wedding - the YouTube link was much appreciated. 
Did you know that your computer stores the downloaded YouTube files in a temporary folder?  Then you can copy/paste the file into a folder and it will sit on your computer for later viewing. Doing that I was able to open and watch parts of the wedding and fast forward through it at my leisure - no need to wait for the download. (to watch the video I use a free FLV player which can be downloaded off the internet)  No offense to the Royal Couple, of course, just not enough time in the day.

The strangest things always catch my attention.  I was drawn to the uniforms of the "Yeomen of the Guard."  (one can learn so much using search tools!)  I liked the look of the overlapping ribbon bands on the back of their uniforms.  It reminded me of the tangle - "Umble".  Looking more closely at the Guard's unifom I noticed the emblems on the front.  Part of the design is the "Tudor Rose."  According to wikipedia, "
The Tudor Rose (sometimes called the Union Rose) is the traditional floral heraldic emblem of England and takes its name and origins from the Tudor dynasty."


My response to the challeng was to use the tangle "umble" and the tudor rose.  At first I was going to use the red and gold as in the Yeoman's Uniform and then I changed my mind.  I did have fun creating tudor roses this week, which I think are themselves a tangle.

Thanks to Laura for another great Zentangle challenge!



8 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the colors and the shadings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination of tangles to make a wonderful composition. Love the way you colored this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, love the sepia and your tudor rose is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree beautiful. It reminds me of a pinecone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing how you can find tangles in all sorts of places? Your rose looks great.

    You asked me about my big postcards....sometimes I gesso over them but sometimes I just use papers to cover over everything.

    ReplyDelete