2/28/21

More Upcycled Pieces on Black Zendala Tiles

 I must admit a black tile is not what I reach for typically. I've not enjoyed the drawing process anywhere near as much as I do on white or other neutral colors.

There were a number of pieces on black paper dumped into the "Work in Progress" box because I didn't like where they were and/or didn't know where they were going.

My intent with upcling these was not to make fabulous art, just take these somewhere else and to enjoy the process.


For instance this zendala became a "scrapdala" a testing area for different pens and colors. So I continued the process adding more shapes and colors.




This zendala was a testing area for using a gold gel pen. That worked. Then I tried adding colored pencil. I do like colored pencil on the black paper!




A testing ground for white gel pen and graphite for shading.





Another "scrapdala", colored pencil, gel pens



Gesso over whatever was there, rubber stamp "Grow", Pens, Identipen